POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rainbow : Re: Rainbow Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:13:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rainbow
From: Florian Siegmund
Date: 14 Dec 2008 12:40:01
Message: <web.4945442b619c0ff365a1cfee0@news.povray.org>
"Mike Hough" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
> Put this together using Jaime's hf2iso.pov and a custom compile of pov in
> which I altered the media code. Unfortunately the isosurface and media
> didn't play well together, so I wound up killing the settings of the
> isosurface in order to get it to render. Took 10 hours 30 minutes to render
> this which is way too long.
>
> Mike

You could try to use my rainbow include file. I wrote it some time ago, but
until now, nobody was really interested in it yet. This include file creates a
more physically correct rainbow with eiter POV-Ray's rainbow feature or the
media feature and renders acceptably fast, I guess. Here's the link:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/attachment/<web.438d9f95c0a56753b05a49370@news.povray.org>/rainbow.z
ip?ttop=287937&toff=150